Dental Crowns & Bridges in Scottsdale
When a tooth becomes decayed, injured, or even lost altogether, it’s important for patients to regain their oral health and function as soon as possible with the help of custom dental restorations. At Desert Vista Dental, our team of doctors has the skills and the personal touch needed to design high-quality dental crowns and bridges, and our advanced CEREC technology can even create them in the span of just one appointment. Contact our Scottsdale, AZ location today to schedule an appointment, or if you have any questions for our team.
Dental crowns are designed to cover individual teeth in need of extra support while preserving the remaining healthy structure. There are several situations where our doctors might recommend dental crowns as the right solution, such as:
- When a tooth is decayed to the point that a tooth-colored filling can’t provide relief.
- When a tooth has been injured or fractured.
- When a tooth has become weakened and is at a high risk for fracturing.
- When a tooth has significant cosmetic flaws that need correction, such as misshapen structure.
- When an individual dental implant is in need of restoration.
- When a tooth that’s been treated with root canal therapy is in need of restoration.
Traditional dental bridges are composed of multiple, fused dental crowns, and they can be used to replace one or more missing teeth in a row along the same arch. Additional crowns are placed over adjacent healthy teeth as “anchors” to hold the bridge in place, creating a sturdy, lifelike fit that patients can rely on. Bridges can help harmonize a patient’s lacking bite, maintain facial structure, and prevent remaining teeth from drifting out of position. Implant-retained bridges are also available at Desert Vista Dental for even greater health and aesthetic benefits.